Sunday, March 31, 2013

So I'm starting to work harder on my recycled glass. I joined the Glass Art Guild Guild of Utah. I think it will be a wonderful resource for me. One of the bloggers I love Glass With A Past is here in Utah and she had a lot of good info to share She had us make a clay tile that we will use to carve our glass with. She also does glass carving with glass fiber paper, but thicker. Or thinner, depending on the glass fiber you use. What ever, it is interesting and beautiful. I got some so I can try it myself.
The thing is I've got somebody staying in my craft room and I feel really bad asking her to give up her privacy of the craft room so I can use my kiln. The problem is that the fuse fails because the kiln draws to much power. So she can't run the computer or the lights or anything else. It is quite dull in there while the kiln is running.
But I bought some clay and I'm making some molds:





I'm going with abstract right now, because I'm still figuring out what the recycled glass is going to do. I completely screwed up my pot melt project. It totally devertrafied. But looking at examples of other peoples work with recycled glass, I think I can work with the devertrarfication. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the glass, I've had a few ideas, but I'm not sure if any of them are good ones. I know can get some glow in the dark power I can mix with it. I think that would make a great effect. I could figure out how to make a split mold, Maybe I could make a glow in the dark Cthulhu. I think that might be beyond my skill level. I have some reliefs of space invaders I could make glow in the dark space invaders. I need to get a bag that I can use to crush the glass in. I can't use a thin plastic bag that the glass can cut it's way through, I can't use a paper bag for the same reason, I don't want to use  cloth bag because the it will hold and catch the glass in its fibers. So I'm going look for a large silicone bag or something something like that. Ron suggested I look in a sporting goods store. I don't know I guess its a good start. I get my bag, I get my mallet and go to crazy on  my ruined recycled tests. It'll be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment