Monday, September 27, 2010

The world is conspiring against me

So I made my Halloween pendants last night. I'll be posting them on Handmade Pendants and Crafts when I've taken pictures of them. I ruined at least three of them by getting water into the resin.

I've been wanting to do more lampworking but have been two distracted as of late. I've had a big test that I've been pretending to study for (I was actually surfing the net in a panicky avoidance of study) so I haven't spent much time in the craft room.

Last night I took the evening to watch TV and make my scrabble tile pendants. I showed my husband how to make them too so he could do some designs of his own. As I was cleaning up afterward, in a moment of epic Danie gracefulness, I took a tumble down the stairs. I feel like I should have a huge bruise on my tush and I torqued my hand something good.

So now I can't do my lampworking. You need to have two hands, one to control the glass and one to control the mandrel, if you want to achieve a good bead. I guess it could be done if I twisted my arm into an unnatural position, but my feeling is I'd just be wasting glass on something not worth my effort.

I think I'm going to focus my attention on tiles and coasters for now. I haven't done them in a long time and they are easy to make, even if you are gimped.

No comments:

Post a Comment