Monday, January 17, 2011

Change of location

We've moved into our new house! it is smaller than the place we were renting from my mom, but it is better laid out, holds the temperature better, and it belongs to us. The cats are getting used to having less space, they are used to having a sun room, a dining room, a living room, an office, and a full basement with extra crawl spaces to explore. Because we want to use the office/craft room for a tax ride off, we are locking the door and not letting them in there so they only have the kitchen and living room to hang out in. Poor fuzzies.

This move has put a small damper on my crafting, I don't have an outlet for the kiln. I might start working on some more beads, though. I have some that need to be annealed but I don't have as many as I would like and I want to have a variety of beads to chose form.

I'm doing a Valentines Boutique to support victims of violent crime. I'm excited because I learned about Square and how I can use it to take credit cards at the shows. They take 2.75% pluse $0.15 as a fee, but it is less than buying a credit card machine and paying the monthly fee. We ran the numbers and I'd have to sell a lot of pendants to cover the cost of a traditional card reader and I really think this is the way things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment