Friday, December 7, 2012

Last try for now, moving on to easier things.

So I'm getting closer I think.
 I did the four baby food jars and they didn't slump completely flat, they had the raised curved edge I'm looking for, but the way they slumped was all chaotic.


I'm not sure if it is because I'm using too much glass or what. The tutorials I've looked at showed me a nice even rounded shape when they did the slumping, but they were using the necks of bottles not baby food jars.

So I'm going to take a break from trying to slump glass. I've got a bottle cutter coming to me soon, and that will make it easier to cut the bottles with a smooth edge. I'll go back to glass work when that comes.

Right now I'm focusing on getting into making objects to sell at the boutique on Monday.
Yikes, its on Monday. I've got to get busy this weekend. I've got some jewelry made, I'm making some coasters.
The coasters are going great. I've gotten most of my supplies at the dollar store so I'm going to be able to make them for very cheap. I got 24 tiles so I can make 6 sets of 4 coasters. On Etsy at least they are selling for a good profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment