Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sorry I haven't been around

I've been sick for the last little bit so I didn't really feel up crafting much. I also have to clean up my craft room again. I've been picking up supplies and just dumping them on the floor in there. I got some material that I'm going to use to make these wrist cuffs that my sister and I worked on last summer.


 I'm going to be using reclaimed jeans as the ruffly base cuff. The top part is going to be made from the material that I bought. I got some cute daisy buttons and the hair bands that loop around the wrist and other button. And I have the pin backings for whatever I decide to make out of polymer clay to go in the middle.
I've done some other project with polymer clay I've made a companion cube  pendant and I'm currently working on a Cthulhu- well I was before I got sick... I'll post pictures when it is closer to being done. I've also been saving up bottle caps to make into clay pendants.

It's the ADD, my focus has jumped away from slumping glass for the moment. But I'm going to be joining the Utah Glass Worker's Guild in January so I think that will get my excitement up again.

I need to buy kiln wash before I can move forward with it so there is still some waiting involved either I get it through the mail or wait until my husband and I feel up to driving to Layton. That is if the store in Layton even has it, they are shifting their focus away from glass and more towards pottery. I don't know, do you use kiln wash for pottery?

But for my current project I need to find out if my sewing machine works. I got it for $15 at Deseret Industries I haven't figured out its threading system so I haven't actually tried it out on any material. I know the needle goes up and down and that is a good sign, but we'll see. I also don't know if it has a button hole setting. It is old, but I don't think it's that old.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment