Monday, December 3, 2012

Nearly a year later

OK, I haven't been involved in my crafting for almost a year. I have been going through some mental problems.
This isn't the forum for me to complain about how I'm doing mentally, this is about my crafting and my selling.
I haven't sold anything for over a year. I have given away some of my jewelry to family and friends because they said they really liked it.
I'm starting a new project. I'm going to try and blog the results as I have them.
My project is reclaiming used glass. I know that a lot of people have done that in the warm glass community, but I'm doing my take on it.
I'm going to try and make some molds for slumping and glass carving, I'm going to try to find objects I can reuse that would otherwise be thrown away or that is being sold for cheep in the thrift shows.
I've gotten a huge amount of glass bottles given to me from SLC freecycle. It has been an awesome resource.
I have started to try and slump some recycled glass, but I haven't worked out the firing schedule yet. I'll continue to keep track of what I've done and what works.
I'm going to start tracking it here, I have to fix up my craft room first. It is a disaster area.
But the whole thing is I'm starting something new, and I'm going to try and keep this page updated with my progress.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment