Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Project one (With a hind of insomnia)

So I couldn't sleep last night. Is this what manic feels like? So I decided to be useful and work on a glass project. I had cleaning the bottles, scoring the bottles, and slumping the bottles.

I've got plenty of these so I can have fun expiermenting.Thanks to FreeCycle I have a tone of these!


I won't know until the firing cycle is over if the slumping portion worked out, but as for the cleaning and scoring, I didn't do well for my first time.

Not a clean breakI have to learn how to score straight to get a good cut.



 There are plenty of websites that go over ways you can score a bottle, the method I chose for my first time wasn't an efficient method so I won't go over it in the notes.

I totally messed this one up. Hopefully it can be salvaged.

I added some embellishments an 18k gold surround to the baby bottle, the plan is that is going to be a candle holder, and a bronze star to the bigger bottle, I don't have a plan for what that is going to be; I'm just trying things out.

I used a 18k gold pen for this one.I tried to put the pieces together like a puzzle after I added the star.


I'll post pics good or bad. Gotta start somewhere, right?

I'm kinda wasting space, there is room for at least 2 more baby food bottles.

I'm not sure about my slumping schedule, there are lots of different ones on the net, I'll just keep trying until I find one that works. That is if it doesn't work the first time :-)

This is the start of the last cycle. I'm just programing now.Just one of the temps. the kiln will reach during the cycle.
 I have five cycles for my firing schedule. The kiln automatically goes through the cycles. I don't have to watch it or anything, it is just set and go. (I practically stole this kiln when I bought it for $25.)

No comments:

Post a Comment